Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Recycle: Tin Foil Muffin Pan Turned Counting/Sorting Game for Kids

According to my white board we start homeschool in thirteen days.  I am ready....I think.  Homeschool "room" aka dining room is almost ready.  My little people are anticipating this new adventure that my two year old daughter refers to as "homecool." :)  I have spent the summer preparing so I think my kids are more than ready to figure out what on earth mommy has been up to most of the summer.  As we begin our homeschool adventure in a couple of weeks I thought I might share a easy sorting/counting activity for your youngsters.

You will need:


  • tin foil muffin pan
  • velcro (with a sticky back)
  • construction paper
  • laminator and laminating sheet
  • pom poms (you can really use anything that will fit in the tin sections to sort/count: buttons, beads, yarn,etc...)

I used the tin foil muffin pan from some ready made muffins from Braums (as pictured below)


Step One:

Cut your construction paper into small squares and number 1-20. 


Step Two: 

Laminate your squares and trim excess.  If you don't have a laminator you can use a roll of clear tape on each side of the squares.  

Step Three:

Cut velcro into small square pieces and place on the back of the now laminated numbered squares.  


Step Four:

Place a small square piece of velcro in  each muffin tin section.



Step Five: 

Place numbered squares into muffin tin and watch your kids enjoy counting and sorting!



Now you have an easy way for your kids to count and you are able to place whatever number you like in each section.  

Note:  I used a baby food jar to hold the remainder numbered squares.  The baby food jar fits perfectly inside one of the tin sections for storage.  


Happy Homeschooling!  


-Hadassah






No comments:

Post a Comment