Thursday, July 24, 2014

Shape Sort Box

When my husband and I decided to homeschool our kids we thought it would be fun to have some of the stable classroom "toys" that we had when we were in school.  One of those being the wooden shape puzzles.


My littles love doing the puzzles but I thought it might be fun to make a shape sorting box for them.  

What you will need:

  • Shoe box 
  • X Acto knife
  • Construction paper
  • Wipe clear tape
Note:  You can use the cardboard cutouts from the shape box if you don't have the wooden shapes.  

Step One:  Explore your home for a shoe box.  I used a Toms box because it has a lid connected to the box that flips up.  

Step Two:  Cover shoe box with construction paper using wide clear tape.  

Step Three:  Trace shapes onto box. 


Step Four:  Use an x acto knife to cut out the shapes.  

Step Five:  Enjoy watching your kids learn shapes but sorting!  

Note:  My little guy enjoyed being my model for the picture below.  ;)

Happy Homeschooling!

-Hadassah





No comments:

Post a Comment